What Is a Room?
A Room is designed as a space where a variety of traditional, digital, and online resources are contextually arranged to satisfy an information need.
Selection Criteria for Rooms
SirsiDynix defines quality content as content that clearly demonstrates its authority, purpose, objectivity, context, accuracy, currency and is user-centered. All quality content is selected with a particular audience in mind and hand-selected by a group of certified subject experts based upon the selection criteria listed below.
- Author or sponsorship is clearly stated and signs of authority are evident, such as copyright, logos, and ways for users to make comments or suggestions. Preference is given to sites maintained by recognized authorities in the subject area, such as sites with URL suffixes .gov (government), .edu (educational / academic), and .org (respected organization) or respected corporate sites.
- The purpose of the site is clear; for instance, does the site sell, persuade, entertain, or educate? Advertising does not overshadow the content and is appropriate for the intended audience. Minimal pop-up advertising may be present.
- Site and content are easy to navigate and there are clear tools for navigation, searching, and descriptions. The site is accessible and adaptable for a variety of learners and is appealing, well-organized, and intuitive. If there are interactive features, they are used appropriately and plug-ins are clearly defined.
- For every topic, the content selected is either free of bias or balanced with other content to balance the bias. Content is free of inappropriate content and mature themes.
- The site offers contextual and interactive content. Users are engaged and the site meets the majority of information needs on the topic that a user may have. Content is relevant to the users needs and interests and is current, meeting the projected demand of users.
- The site provides accurate, verifiable, current, and up-to-date content.